Re: Weird Distributor/Timing Question

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weird Distributor/Timing Question
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 06:08:56 -0700
Brian Furgalus wrote:

> Hello all.  I will be hooking up tho good old timing light to the new
> TR7, and verify the timing...  What should the
> timing settings be on this unit (static or otherwise)?  10BTDC?

You might try setting the advance for maximum RPM, then retarding for a
100 RPM drop -- works on earlier TRs.

> The distributor appears to be at it's maximum end of adjustment, so if
> the timing DOES need to be adjusted, what do I do?  I have no adjustment
> left in the unit!

If you're adjusting the timing by turning the loosening the distributor
mount and turning the dizzy body I would think the adjustment to be
infinite (ie 360*).  If you're moving it with the little vernier wheel
then loosen the clamp and turn the whole unit if necessary.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A