TR Sounds

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR Sounds
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:08:17 -0500
Cc: ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com
 >First, any
>potential thief takes one look at it, laughs, and moves on to Dave's car
>:-). Number Two, when I'm driving the TR6, as cliche' as it sounds, the
>exhaust note and the sound of the engine revving to 4500 rpms between shifts
>is the most beautiful music to me.
I'll second that, as I have never had a radio in any of my TRs.  First of all,
the wind noise makes it near impossible, even with big amps and speakers, to
hear your favorite Ultimate Spinach album.  Second, as Greg said, expensive
audio equipment is a big draw to thieves. My solution is to use a small
"Walkman" CD player and button-style earplugs, small, so that the local
constabulary won't notice, because that is illegal in most states to wear
headphones while driving (impared driving, they say). Now, before I get flamed
again, let me state that I would NEVER advocate breaking the law...  I know no
one here  has ever broken any of our fair laws (like speeding!)- But, driving
convertibles gives us much, much better hearing and visibility than sedan
drivers...wearing the non-sealing type of ear phones still allows as much or
more hear-ability as someone in an air conditioned car with the windows up and
the stereo blasting.  Plus, when you pawk the caw, just stick your stereo in
your pocket!
Richard P-A