Re: Another Engine to GT6?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another Engine to GT6?
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:27:00 -0400
Kevin Brown wrote:

> How about a 2.5 liter TR6 engine.  It shouldn't be too hard to fit if you
> use an early intake manifold and a TR6 transmission.
>
> Kevin Brown
>
> Benny Gillros/DSV wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have starting an complete rebuild of my GT6 -67 engine. But I
> > want to drive it in this summer. Is there som listers who know some
> > engine like ex. Ford 4cyl, v6 or another engine I could use instead
> > of my GT6 for the time it takes me to rebuild the original engine. I
> > donīt want to destroy something on the car, so if someone know an
> > enging/gearbox wich will fit into the body just without small changes
> > - Please tell me. Maybe an Fordengine from Sierra or Capri,
> > Mitshubishi or another frequently sold new car.??
> >
> > //Sincerely Benny Gillros
> > Benny Gillros

Actually, the TR6 tranny does not fit between the narrow chassis rails of
a GT6.  Very few things do, besides the GT's transmission.

If I had the engine out of a GT6, and had to open it up, I'd find a late Mk 3
engine, install a TR6 crankshaft and pistons, modify the oil pan, and
presto-changeo: 2.5 litres.  And it all fits the flywheel and tranny.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (2 litres)