Re: TR4 Convertible top Question

To: butchl@eudoramail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Convertible top Question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:42:02 EDT
In a message dated 14-Apr-99 12:08:03 Eastern Daylight Time,
butchl@eudoramail.com writes:

> One more question: The metal strip that is attached to the top of the my
> windscreen does not appear to be secure enough to hold a top that is under
> tension. On mine, the strip is secured by two small screws, one on each
end,
> through the snaps that the top attaches to.
>  As a result, the strip is free to lift in the center of the windscreen.
>  Is it supposed to be secured by additional fasteners and, if so, where?
(I'm
> going to get the books, but I know you can understand my eagerness to drive
> this car NOW.

Butch, there are eleven rivets (similar to pop rivets but smaller) evenly
spaced along the top of the strip.  They are right behind the small "bump" at
the top front.  The two screws that you mention are to hold the front side
edges of the hood (top in American English) itself.  If this is not clear
come back to me.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/still a daily driver)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant