TR4 Convertible top Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Convertible top Question
From: "Butch Lewis" <butchl@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:03:47 -0800
Thanks to all who helped me on my last question regarding fitting the
convertible top to my TR4.
One more question: The metal strip that is attached to the top of the my
windscreen does not appear to be secure enough to hold a top that is under
tension. On mine, the strip is secured by two small screws, one on each end,
through the snaps that the top attaches to.
As a result, the strip is free to lift in the center of the windscreen.
Is it supposed to be secured by additional fasteners and, if so, where? (I'm
going to get the books, but I know you can understand my eagerness to drive
this car NOW.

  Thanks,
  Butch
  New owner of a running TR4

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com