Re: O-rings needed

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: O-rings needed
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:31:35 -0500
Cc: Scions of Lucas <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brad;
   Thanks for the reply, I would appreciate you looking through the Steele
catalog
as I do not own one presently.Let me know if there is anything "off the shelf"
that will work. My research has told me, that there seems to be nothing in the
hydraulic world that matches the O-ring that is needed. The overall difference
of
ID to OD is the clincher here. Most of what I have looked at have been too
narrow
(or thin?) when compared to the original.The outside dimension is somewhat
critical to overall function of the slide but I agree that the ID could be
stretched to work.None of what I've found are even close. The width of 3/16"
could
be comprised of two narrow O-rings sistered together. Let my know what you find
and I'll do likewise.Good luck with your job decision.
Tim Hutchisen
CC57787L 1971 TR-6