Re: buying/selling

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: buying/selling
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:47:42 -0400
Message text written by George Richardson
>. Having a pit and
> lift in my garage as well as all the records I invited the would be
> purchaser to come for a better look, he showed-up with a 1/2 A@#$% very
> unknowledgeable so called mechanic and they "informed" me they would be
> taking the car for the day to put it through all their own check-up. Well
>  my driveway is about 60 feet long so I walked them down it and pointed
> my finger up the road and told them please don't come back.<

Sounds to me like they were looking for a FREE parts car. or a FREE ride
around town and if they crash it tuff s**t to you.  you did the right
thing.

George sure >The only way to evaluate a car is to drive it. It's not
unreasonable to bring
along a mechanic if you feel you need one either.<

but with the owner not by the possible buyer alone or with a friend.
UNLESS you hope they steal it.............