changing fan belts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: changing fan belts
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:59:20 EDT
<<Those of you have TR4s and TR4As that actually run chime in here if I
got any of this wrong.>>
I've never hadto do anything but loosen the generator tension to get my fan
belts off the pulleys ...wonder if your front engine mounts are sagging..
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74
ps; in looking at a lot of pictures in manuals lately it seems that the
mis-alignment (about 1/8" backward) of the waterpump pulley to the crank and
generator pulleys was engineered into the car. I plan to put a few spacers
behind the water pump pulley to move it forward about an 1/8 " to 3/16".