Netscape-goats (No Lbc)

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Netscape-goats (No Lbc)
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 22:35:51 +0100
Hello All,

This is a question for knowledgable computer types. Netscape themselves
can't answer it but you never know....

I installed Netscape 4.04 with a freebie server and everything worked
fine. I downloaded the additional components of 4.51-still fine. then,
the ability to save anything from the browser stopped. So, I can't save
files, images or links. Clicking to ask just makes the screen flicker
briefly and there is no 'Save in' dialog.

After a reinstall with a clean out of the registry, the save ability
came back, then went again. Same thing happened twice more.

Netscape (and I) reckon that there is somethng on my system which is
corrupting the saving bit. If this is so, where to find it is the
question.

Their advice is to try downloading the entire 4.51 upgrade and if that
fails, use them as an ISP with Explorer 5. So, that's for this weekend.

In the meantime, have any Netscape users had similar problems or does
anyone have any ideas to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dave Hill