Follow-up: My TR3A Search!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Follow-up: My TR3A Search!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:20:04 EDT
Well folks...it just goes to show ya....searching for the "right" LBC ain't
easy!

Since the "buying a TR3 thread" seems to still be somewhat alive, I thought
I'd add my woes from yesterday's visit to look at a '61 TR3A "fully restored
ground up" as the ad said.  Turns out that the $16K asking price didn't
include a trailer to take to your favorite show....much to my disappointment,
the car barely ran during the roadtest and the owner couldn't recollect if
certain mechanical "things" were done i.e., clutch, trans work.

The paint and exterior panels were very well done as was the interior but a
quick look into the engine bay (38 year old paint on the inner fendors,
firewall, etc.) and underneath at the grimey frame and suspension said that
this probably wasn't a frame off job.

In short it's a great parade car providing that you keep the rpms steady @
1500 and don't load the engine......so Phil, don't be discouraged....as Greg
pointed out, I'm told by wise TR sages that we all seem to make at least one
nonproductive trip before the "real one" comes along.....I hope this one's it
for me!

Hang in there,

Chip