Re: TR3 Pricing (& Oil Pressure Revisited)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Pricing (& Oil Pressure Revisited)
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 22:53:19 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, I've decided not to fly to Arizona.  I feel a "critical mass" of
negatives, and however small each one is individually, the sum total puts
me off.  Perhaps the worst, in this case, is the sheer distance of the car
from me.  I've never flown anywhere to see a car, let alone from WA to AZ,
and as I imagine myself in a distant city--- having spent a few hundred on
airfare---I have to consider the odds of it actually being the right car.
So:  (1) distance, (2) the question of price vs. condition, (3) the
"attitude" and impatience of the owner, (4) the (perhaps) dubious oil
pressure, and (5) the chances of finding something else amiss (pretty high
odds, in my experience).  The hunt continues apace.

--Phil Haldeman
haldeman@accessone.com