pricing & oil pressure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: pricing & oil pressure
From: vafred@erols.com
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 06:29:38 -0700
I have been in the auto sales business most of my adult life (now 65), if
and when any customer shows a interest in any car on my lot, the single
quickest closer is showing the records of expenditures, this holds true
if it is from my personel small car collection (9 & all running Brad) as
well. Anytime a seller tells of repairs/overhauls, yet will not show
documentation, don't think bad of the car, the seller has a bad odor
about him, get the H#$L away from him, it does rub off, you may buy the
car and then you will be posting to this list "DPO". We have all shared
this experience and this is just another reason why this list is so very
valuable. In the case of the buyer from Wash. state, he must put his
trust in joining a club and taking advantage of that knowledge a club
will offer, also a car may be for sale within the club. Also with the
show season just starting, good cars should be available at attractive
prices as well as classic car auctions. Spring Carlisle in 4 weeks, wow,
what a drive back across country. Last point, for 16,500 it had better
include the trailer that "Queenie" has been riding in for 7 years, my
advice stay-out of Arizona on this one.