Re: Body tub compatibility between 3 and 3A

To: "Dave Rupert"<Dave_Rupert@codl.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body tub compatibility between 3 and 3A
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:13:08 -0700 "Body tub compatibility between 3 and 3A" (Apr 6, 9:21am)
Hi Dave,

I guess that the rear trunk panel would be considered part of the
tub. All but the latest TR3s had three lights in the back vs. the
five lights of the TR3As. I don't recall what the commission number
was on the '57 you're looking at but Moss lists two panels; one
for the TR2 through TR3 TS16472 and another for TS16473 on. I assume
the difference is the number of lights. I'm pretty sure that Piggott's
books have more info about this. There also may be a bit of difference
in edges of the trunk. The TR2-3 had a couple of budget locks with
a small keyed lock in the center vs. the single tee handle lock of
the TR3A.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge