Body tub compatibility between 3 and 3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body tub compatibility between 3 and 3A
From: "Dave Rupert"<Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 99 09:21:33 -0500

     Hello all,

     Does anyone know of the difficulties/differences between the body tubs
     and sheet metal on a TR3 vs. a TR3A?  I am investigating the
     possibility of starting with a widemouth 3A body tub to build a
     smallmouth TR3.

     I have heard of some differences between bonnets and front bulkheads,
     in addition to the front end sheetmetal, that make this job difficult.
     Any additional information and advice would be appreciated. (Yes, I'm
     still debating that ratty looking '57, if I can get the price down!)

     Dave Rupert
     Dave_Rupert@codl.com
     Rupert@oakland-info.com

     1967 TR4A