sealant for sump gasket - was Re: [TR6] thrust washers

To: "Trevor Jordan" <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: sealant for sump gasket - was Re: [TR6] thrust washers
From: robertp <robertp@esper.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:00:54 -0400
Permatex High Tack Adhesive Sealant, part No. 98D.

This is GREAT stuff - it's a purple liquid that you
brush onto the paper gasket (or any other gasket).
It holds the gasket in place during assemble and seals
it after assembly.  It never hardens (they even recommend
the stuff as an anti sieze on for bolts and nuts).
I've never had anything leak when using this stuff.
Been using it for about 5 years.

I personally don't like form-a-gasket - the silicone just
seems to eventually break loose from the metal and leak.

On 4/3/99 9:43 PM Space Aliens made Trevor Jordan say...