RE: battery for TR6 - anyone use Interstate Batteries?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: battery for TR6 - anyone use Interstate Batteries?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:27:16 -0700
Jon :

I believe the discussion not too long ago was that Interstate has quit
manufacturing batteries, at least in the US, and is now buying them from an
offshore company.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily make them bad, but
does mean that other's experiences (positive or negative) may not apply to
currently available batteries.

Personally, I just buy the cheapest (after dividing by warranty period)
battery from Pep Boys.  They aren't the greatest batteries in the world,
but the hassle is minimal.  I've tried numerous different battery brands
over the years, and almost all of them failed within +/- 10% of the
warranty period.  Sure wish I'd bought a bunch of those J.C. Penny
'lifetime' batteries <g>

Randall