Re: tire size - TR3 spare

To: "George Hahn" <geohahn@azstarnet.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire size - TR3 spare
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:14:18 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers and George,

When my TR6 was still with me  I came up with a space saver tire that fits.
Use a Nissan Maxima 16 inch space saver.  AFAIK, it is even narrower than
the TR3 tire and should fit - the bolt pattern is the same or "close enough"
and it worked once on my TR6.   My criteria for using this tire was to gain
enough trunk depth to fit a small cooler in the trunk for weekend trips.  I
succeeded in gaining about 2", even though I added back 3/4" of this with a
plywood "floor" that sat on the tire.  Give it a shot.  Remember, lots of
cars out there had 4 x 4.5" bolt patterns, but most of them are on 14" rims
and thus not suitable.

Dave T
Winterpeg