Insurance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance
From: Bob Jones <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 22:23:21 -0500
Over the last year their has been several discussions about insurance
for our Triumphs.  I don't want to hash over the same old ground but it
seems that the problem hasn't been solved.  For example I have my
regular insurance with USAA, perhaps the best company in the country, or
at least among the best.  Full coverage for my 74 TR6 is $132.50/6months
but I'm not fooling myself about true value should I total the car.
They have a secondary company that offers classic car insurance with all
of the normal restrictions including one real joke "you must never leave
the car unattended in a parking lot". These type polices are for trailer
queens in my opinion.  Does anybody know of a reputable company that
will insure for non business use with an agreed value without the silly
restrictions.  I don't mind reasonable mileage limitations, garage
requirements, fairly high premiums, etc. but the "you can't drive it
except to club meetings or in parades or scenic drives" is a little too
much.
Thanks,
Bob