Fwd: Insurance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Insurance
From: FMags2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:02:43 EDT

--part1_e585176.243bec93_boundary

From: FMags2@aol.com
Full-name: FMags2
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 19:39:16 EST
Subject: Insurance
To: triumphs-owner@autox.team.net

I agree with the recent e-mail saying that all of the specialty insurance
carriers aren't all they claim to be (pun not intended).  I also did alot of
shopping around with most of the classic cars insurance carriers and have
concluded that for the type of useage that I want, my normal carrier is still
the best.  Above all, read the fine print.  I use my cars driving to work on
nice days only which is about the only use that they get, so a carrier that
doesn't permit driving to work isn't much use to me.  Alot of us would like
to believe that with Haggerty you can just get a policy with them and drive
the car without any worry about restrictions.  It just isn't so.  Read the
fine print in the policy AND in the application; they are different.  In
Haggerties application it says:
" Vehicles insured by this program will be operated on a limited
basis.........and limited pleasure driving.  Limited pleasure use will NOT
INCLUDE normal daily driving such as driving to or from work or school,
errands, backup transportation....."

The capital letters are right in their application.  I did not add them.  I
am not trying to bash Haggerty, but I've seen alot written about them lately
regarding no limitations on use, which just isn't true.  I'd hate to see
someone sign up for a policy like this and then have a claim denied because
the vehicle was not being used within the ploicy limitations.  My 2 cents,
anyway.

Frank M
72 TR6
'72 GT6