Fitting TR3A panels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fitting TR3A panels
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 21:14:22 EST
Hi fellow scions,
Boy....am I frustrated. I'm nearly finished with welding the basic tub and
I've started to hang some of the fenders, doors, front apron, etc, just to
see where I am.
I must admit at the outset that the bare tub I'm building on was purchased
separately from the panels that I saved from the original car (TS81398L).
NOTHING lines up......the doors look as though they're hung on an A-post that
was welded 5 degrees off.....there's a 1/2" gap at the bottom where the door
meets the B-post. When I put the front apron mounting bar in the bracket on
the inner wings, it lines up OK .....then I drop on the hood and try to line
up the hinges and I get a 1/2" gap on the drivers side. It's like the scuttle
is off.
WHAT'S GOING ON?????  Do I need a bonefide body man to look at this? Has
anyone else experienced this when they started to hang panels?
HELP.....
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398L