Re: TR6 Tire size redux

To: <jaltman@altlaw.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Tire size redux
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:05:28 -0600
FWIW, one of the differences between a 195-75-15 and a 205-70-15 is that
the 205 is 10MM wider, some 20MM wider than the 185-78-15 (I know others
disagree, but that's what I think the Redlines are). They are both about
the same height depending on brand. I have Dunlop D65's 205-70's Tourers on
one car and BFG Touring TA's on another. The Dunlops are far superior.
Neither rubs anywhere. I used to have a set of Vredestien S70's steel
belted radials that were even better. The real problem with 205's is that
most are touring tires, designed for mid sized GM cruisers. There are some
performance type 205-70's out there now that may be better choices, but I
doubt you'll find a decent 195-75.

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
rgk@flash.net