Shipping charges

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shipping charges
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:50:53 -0500
MR DANIEL R CAREY wrote:

> called in an order to TRF..needed a few of those black snaps on the
> door of my spit......
> 50 cents each!!!  wow......so i ordered a few......understanding that
> the have to feed their families too......
> so i get get the "package" in the mail...a little manila bubble
> mailer with my snaps...........
>
> cost 65 cents to mail....so what do you think the "shipping charge"
> was?  5.00 !!  hO HO HO..
> YOU WOULD THINK THAT they could at least charge something close to
> the actual cost.....
>
> oh well...my business will go to spitbits, Moss, NW Briish parts...or
> others....if thats the"TRF policies" they have...so much for customer
> oriented!!....
>
> oh yes the snaps do look like they will fit..

Yeah, they all charge a minimum shipping charge, but TRF had to backorder two
parts, but shipped them free, for a total of three shipments with only one
shipping charge.  They lost money on those parts as they cost only a few dollars
each.  So, it all averages out.  It's amazing how expensive it is to ship stuff
these days.  I sent an old generator to Fred Thomas and it cost $16!