TR-6 upper steering shaft

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 upper steering shaft
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:58:40 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"

Years ago in a low speed head on collision (landslide on a curve... narrow
road in the Santa Barbara  foothills...one lane out with the rest of the
road covered with Rincon shale... very slippery stuff) with a 3/4 ton Ford
truck which wiped out the front end of my TR the upper steering shaft was
bent. Had it straightened at a S.B. machine shop but they couldn't quite get
it totally straight. Only noticeable in that the horn beeped intermittently
when the steering wheel was turned. Just enough offset to ground as the
connecting brush rotated along with the wheel.  For the last 15 years I have
had a disconnected horn for that reason. I am tiring of that situation and
am looking for a straight shaft. They seem to be NLS. Anyone out there have
a shaft they would part with?

Deano