Re: TR3A Piston Rings (Expansion Rings?)

To: vscjohn@iamerica.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Piston Rings (Expansion Rings?)
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:45:40 EST
John,

As far as the term "expansion ring" goes, I am just regurgitating the
terminolgy as stated to me.  The individual was very explicate that these
rings were different from the regular design in that they had a "corrigated"
backup piece on one of the rings.  The other arguement might be that this guy
is "full of it" and has no idea what he is talking about.  I don't know him
well enough to tell the difference but he does have a lot of pictures of
himself working on and driving english cars such as Sprites, E-Type, 61 Jag
sedan S-Type ?, and Morgan.

I will give the San Francisco yellow pages a try for the Hastings number.

Thanks,

Gary Bouffard