Re: TR3A Piston Rings (Expansion Rings?)

To: Gbouff1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3A Piston Rings (Expansion Rings?)
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:22:29 -0600
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Gary,
        We are an auto parts distributor in the midwest, but here's what i know.
Hastings indeed make a very, very good oil control ring. The term
"expander" does not apply only to their rings, however. Their product is
unique in its design and I would recommend their ring as well as Deves
(another brand). Hastings is a very large and popular brand of ring. You
should be able to obtain them from any reasonable non-chain store parts
outlet or from any machine shops. You will want to ask your rebuilder about
his preferences of chrome v. iron compression rings too as that will be
offered as an option to you.  I hope this helps.
Good luck.   Peter C