Re: Original Brakes on a TR6

To: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Subject: Re: Original Brakes on a TR6
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:42:16 +0000
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox2.mot.com, sender daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com )
Hi Jack,
        I'll be very surprised if they are aluminium (note British spelling!).
The lines on most british cars of the era are steel, but the modern
replacements are usually made of Copper or Cunifer, a Copper/Nickel
alloy. These are much longer lasting, though I prefer the Cunifer over
Copper firstly because they're easier to form without stressing the
metal, and secondly, they're a more neutral brown colour, and don't look
as out-of-place as the shiny copper ones.
        Hope this helps,
                Cheers,
                        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup