Original Brakes on a TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original Brakes on a TR6
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:20:22 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I am driving on original brakes on a 76 TR6.  When I bought the car
about a month ago, I had the car inspected and the rubber hoses were
said to be in good shape (pliable and no cracks, etc.).  Meanwhile, I
have been told to watch out for rusted brake lines.  At the same time I
see ads for steel brake lines that are "stronger than the original
aluminum brake lines".  Are my brake lines aluminum?  If so, do I have
any rust to worry about?  They look like they are in good shape.

Do I have anything to be concerned about?

Jack Radley
76TR6