Re: Triumph activities in Australia?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph activities in Australia?
From: Owen Michaels-Hardy <omhardy@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:40:03 +1100 (EST)
The following contacts may be useful if you are visiting Sydney:

Triumph Sports Owners Assoc (TSOA) of New South Wales
PO Box 200
GORDON  NSW   2072
AUSTRALIA
Contact: Bruce Meppen
Tel: +61 2 9904 6263

MG Car Club New South Wales
GPO Box 5165
SYDNEY  NSW   2001
Tel: +61 2 9413 2414

I don't think either of the above have email or web contacts.

The following car rental companies advertised in the 1998 Yellow Pages that
sports car are available.

Sportscar World Rentals
(no address given but states "locations all over Sydney")
Tel: +61 2 9380 6886 (24 hours)
Advertisement lists: Miata, RX7, Capri (Ford/Aus), MR2, CRX, NSX, 300ZX, BMW
318/535/325Conv, Merc 300E/500SL, Porche 911/C2/928S4, Ferrari 328GTS/348TS,
"and lots more".

A Beaut-Car Rental
BP Mosman Service Station
Cnr Avenue & Cowles Road
MOSMAN  NSW   2088  (this is on the harbour, 20 mins north of CBD)
AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 2 9968 2354
Advertisement lists: "Old car convertibles & BMW Z3"

Sky Vehihicle Rentals
(no address given but states "locations in Bankstown, Concord & City")
Tel: +61 2 9716 0030
Advertisement lists: 300ZX, MR2, Peugot 306 Conv

Bufori Sales & Hire (Aus reproduction 40's style sports roadster)
188 Parramatta Road
ASHFIELD  NSW   2131
AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 2 9716 9711
Fax: +61 2 9716 9898

Ferraragini Italian Sports Car Rentals
58 South Creek Road
SHANES PARK  NSW   2760 (not sure where this location is)
Tel: +61 2 9835 1238

Good luck
Owen

>Paul Wiegman wrote:
>
>I'm also interested.  My wife and I will be on the east coast in late
>September, early October.  Is it possible to rent a Triumph any where.  How
>about any LBC.  I remember being at Stonehenge, England and meeting a fellow
>who was driving a new Morgan that he rented in London.
>

>Previously, John Cowan wrote:
>
>>     My wife and I are lucky enough to be having a vacation in Australia
>> (Eastern Coast Region). I was wondering if anyone knows of Triumph or LBC
>> activities happening there between Feb 16 and
>> Mar 2 of this year.  It certainly seems possible, since it is summer down
>> under.
Owen Michaels-Hardy
Sydney, Australia