Fwd: Re: Triumph activities in Australia?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Triumph activities in Australia?
From: Damian Carvolth <d.carvolth@cat.csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:19:17 +1000
Well the clubs are on the web with contact details.

You have to realise that australia is pretty warm and thus summer isn't
peak time for convertables. Our winter is much more pleasant for open top
cruising.

Having said that there are at least monthly meetings and probably monthly
club runs you can go on, and maybe get a lift in someone's triumph. I don't
believe they can be rented since they are old and were never all that
common in aus...

Where on the east coast are you going ? Remembering the east coast is 3000
miles long....

>I'm also interested.  My wife and I will be on the east coast in late
>September, early October.  Is it possible to rent a Triumph any where.  How
>about any LBC.  I remember being at Stonehenge, England and meeting a fellow
>who was driving a new Morgan that he rented in London.
>
>Paul g. Wiegman
>1956 TR3
>TS/14551-L
>Allison Park, PA
>
>John Cowan wrote:
>
>>     My wife and I are lucky enough to be having a vacation in Australia
>> (Eastern Coast Region). I was wondering if anyone knows of Triumph or LBC
>> activities happening there between Feb 16 and
>> Mar 2 of this year.  It certainly seems possible, since it is summer down
>> under.
>>     Thanks for the help.
>> John Cowan
>>
>> Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
>> experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
>>                            http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan

Damian Carvolth
"I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life", L.J. Young
damian@dem.csiro.au

http://www.brb.dem.csiro.au/unrestricted/people/CarvolthDamian/

http://dove.mtx.net.au/~bryanb/members.htm#Damian Carvolth