Re: Offended someone--was that it?

To: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Offended someone--was that it?
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:55:53 +0000
Cc: Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se>, "list, triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com )
Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver wrote:

>   And another thing, on an almost serious note, my Triumph Tune sports
> exhaust from Moss UK has lost all chrome to the dreaded rust and it's
> less than a year old. What a pile of crap I'm never shopping there
> again.To add insult to injury they sent we a spit length exhaust NOT a
> herald length one and I didn't notice until it had been pasted
> together
> when an exchange would never have happened-Bastards! (not worthy of
> censoring!)
>
>   tra for now, Johnny '70 viterald 17/70

Ever bought any badging off them? I got some of the all-in-one TRIUMPH
badges for my 59 Coupes off them (the boot-badge, same as on a TR3),
absolute CRAP! Look nothing like the originals, the letters are all the
wrong shape - why bother? It wouldn't take any more work to tool up
properly, it just might help to look at an original first!

I subsequently managed to find a new original badge (at a price though),
so I don't have to use the horrible things yet, hopefully I'll find one
for the other car in time!
        Cheers,
                Bill.
--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup