RE: The Best drives

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Byron N. Brashears'" <brashears@hughes.net>
Subject: RE: The Best drives
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:36:43 -0500
Yeah, I got the USAA issue too.  I was going to send them my suggestion: 89A
in Arizona.  I visited Phoenix, Arizona a couple of years ago on business
and had a two day weekend to kill.  I rented a Mustang convertible from
Hertz (I asked for a Triumph but they just stared at me...) and took highway
89 which goes from Wickenberg to Jerome (ghost town) and Sedona and through
Oak Creek Canyon (?) north to Flagstaff.  It was the most beautiful part of
my drive to the Grand Canyon and made me sorry I live in Texas.  In general,
I always try to get off of the giant Interstates and take the back roads
when possible.  It is usually a rewarding experience.
Greg
76 TR6
68 MGB/GT