RE: non lbc US trip suggestions?

To: "'Huppertc@aol.com'" <Huppertc@aol.com>
Subject: RE: non lbc US trip suggestions?
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:34:39 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Carl Huppertc@aol.com wrote:

> I'll be traversing the US on a cross country move from DC to Sacramento
> (trailering the TR6 behind).  I'd like to take a more scenic route than a
> straight, boring shot.  Any must see suggestions or routes?

Here's a longshot:

If you decide to use I80 at all (heading toward Denver), go a mile or two
North of I80 and take old US 30 instead.

Two lane highway, but no traffic. Cheaper accomodations. Restaurants named
"Mom's" and "Eats" instead of "Burger City".

Plus . . . you'll be right next to the Union Pacific transcontinental main
line all the way - a train every 5 minutes to look at, wave at, and keep
your mind off the numbing expanse of Nebraska.

Jim Hill
Madison WI