Re: non lbc US trip suggestions?

To: Huppertc@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: non lbc US trip suggestions?
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:58:53 -0800
Carl,

There is NOTHING boring between DC and the West Coast.  Every diversion you
take will be unique and worth while.

I would suggest once you get to the Great Plains, shoot over to the
Badlands of South Dakota:  Mt.Rushmore, Little Big Horn, etc.  From there
head for Denver.  Take I70 west to I70 in Utah.  From there take I15 into
Salt Lake where you link up with I80.  That will take you past the
Bonneville Salt flats -where you used to be able to freely drive around -
plus take you thorough some great open country with no one around,
especially on the roads!  Somewhere in all this is Yellowstone National
Park, The Tetons, Pike's Peak, Aspen, etc.

If you are doing this in Winter, forget it!  Still get to Denver, but then
go south through Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Las Vegas, Sequoia and Yosemite,
California up into Lake Tahoe.  From there its' a scenic drive into
Sacramento.

I'll be traversing the US on a cross country move from DC to Sacramento
(trailering the TR6 behind).  I'd like to take a more scenic route than a
straight, boring shot.  Any must see suggestions or routes?
Carl Huppert