Re: TR3A O/D LHD speedometer cable which way

To: Thomas Meise <tm@mk3.teuto.de>
Subject: Re: TR3A O/D LHD speedometer cable which way
From: Alex van Zanten <A.van.Zanten@inter.nl.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 16:06:54 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thomas,

the speedo-cable first runs through the engine bay. You have one large holes
next to the battery box on the left (looking from the inside). Within the
engine bay the cable rests on the flat top off the scuttle. The cable bends
down and runs along the inside of the cross member towards the gearbox
connection point. To fix the speedo-cable you use the same clips also used for
the fuel line.
You should avoid sharp bends or a circle in your cable, otherwise the needle
off the speedometer will shake.
I am looking for an overdrive unit (or gearbox with OD-unit) myself. If you
know of any let me know (a restored unit is not needed).

Lots of success, regards,

Alex van Zanten,
'58 TR3a
The Neherlands