Re: white rag tops

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: white rag tops
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 15:22:24 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Janssen, Lee K wrote:

> I'm considering converting to a white rag top but fear that it will always
> look dirty.
> Any opinion on the subject from people in the know.
> Thanks in advance for the information
> Lee Janssen
> Snowy Denver CO

I've owned white tops since 1951, the material over the years has
improved somewhat, but, is still basicially, the same, whether it be
canvas, vinyal, or ever-flex, I use simple green, window cleaner, Oops,
or if gets real dirty, paint prep, this is the same product used to strip
the old wax off for a freah start in waxing. To answer your question, no
that are not hard to keep clean.