Re: TR4 Engine - Valve Seals Question???

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Engine - Valve Seals Question???
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:27:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to all who answered my valve seal question.  There were too many
messages to name everyone.

The net of all the input is that it not required...  but is good modern
modification to add to the head rebuild... not unlike the real seal mod
idea.  Many contributors were professional mechanics with there own business
that highly recommend it from experience.  It should improve idle smoothness
by sealing against air leaks and  preserve head rebuild life.

The were some who warned about maintaining proper clearances to allow for
adequate oiling of the bronze inserts.

Thanks again...  I have had the crank cut already for the modern rear seal
and will also add this improvement to the engine.    This list is the most
valuable resource I have to help me enjoy my car and this great hobby.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com