re: TR6 Tonneau cover

To: <dncullig@us.ibm.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: TR6 Tonneau cover
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 99 8:13:16 -0700
 You should have a "lift-the-dot" stud on the inside of the passenger seat,
near the seat rail. You should be able to feel it by just running your hand
along the side of the seat. Make sure you actually have a passenger seat on
the passenger side. The frames are specific to each side (they lean to the
inside). Don't laugh, I have seen TR6's with two drivers seats, and or, two
passenger seats. Sometimes the hardware is switched around, sometimes not.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
-------------
Original Text
From: <dncullig@us.ibm.com>, on 1/7/99 8:11 AM:
   The tonneau cover on my TR6 has 4 grommets across the front that hook
over the 'studs' on the dashboard.  Speaking of tonneau covers, mine has a
'tie-down' strap with a 'lift-the-dot' fastener on the end.  Does anybody
have a clue as to where this should attach?  I've looked on the inside edge
of the passenger seat , the transmission tunnel and on the seal belt latch
and I can find no place to hook this.  Without something to hook it to, the
tonneau tends to flap a bit, especially at highway speeds.  Anybody got any
ideas?  Thanks.
Dennis

Dennis Culligan / '76 TR6 CF57948U / Highland ,NY /  DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM