What part of a TR4A is this????

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What part of a TR4A is this????
From: Alvamike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:28:27 EST
I am just finishing a complete restoration on a 66 TR4A.  I used 2 donor cars.
One car was a 66 4A with only 46,000 miles and had never been hit.  It was
original as it comes.  It had tools, tool roll, books, intact cardboard
glovecompartment, etc.  It also had 2 black vinyl pieces I cannot identify.
They would fit over the seat backs.  They are "D" shaped with the straight
part of the "D" being open and the rounded part is seamed.  They are about the
size of a seat back, maybe a little bigger.  Does anyone know what these are?
I could have them reproduced to preserve the originality, but I don't know if
they even were part of the cars equipment.  They were made of the same vinyl
as the tool roll.