RE: Starter relay for 76 TR6

To: "'Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP'" <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Starter relay for 76 TR6
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 19:30:46 -0500charset="Windows-1252"
The oil and brake lights are only in series when the oil pressure switch
closes. When oil pressure is low both lights will glow dimly.  Bentleys has
a chart of light activity.  But, if the pdwa closes the brake light alone
will light.

I would agree that the system is stupidly designed but that if you know the
scheme you know what to watch for.  A redesign ought to have a bright light
for low oil pressure. Maybe a flasher to make it more noticeable.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK