Starter relay for 76 TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Starter relay for 76 TR6
From: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:12:10 -0600
To all

I have been working on trying to figure the wiring diagram for my 76 TR6 and
have several ideas to share. Also, the major input for the starter relay use
came from Tom O'Malley who has done this same effort for his 76 Spitfire.

1)  The starter relay (or 'bulb check' relay as Tom calls it) provides a
ground path for the brake line failure/handbrake warning light and the EGR
service warning light during startup.  This allows the bulbs to be checked
during start.  As far as I can tell, the C4 contact should go to a point
between the brake line failure light (#76) and the brake line failure switch
(#77).  The C1 contact should go to a point between the EGR service light
(#43) and the service counter (#41).

2)  Change to the wiring diagram should be made as follows:  the oil
pressure warning light (#78) should be in parallel with the brake line
failure light (#76), not in series with the brake light and brake line
failure switch or PDWA (#77).  As drawn, the only way the oil pressure
warning light would come on would be to have the PDWA be closed as well.

3) Another wiring diagram change is to have the brake line failure switch
and the handbrake switch in parallel, with both paths being grounded to the
chassis ground directly.

I am still working on the correct placement of the ballast resistor wire and
the correct path for the by-pass during startup.

Frank

'76 TR6 CF57005U