duh'

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: duh'
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 18:39:09 -0500
OK techies or is that gearheads heres some things for comments:
 the trany in my 69 GT6 is not original its an all syncro unit rebuilt by
Vinco.
1) one of the syncro rings is smaller than the other 3. (?)
2) the lay shaft bushes are brass (bronze?) While the Spit and GT6 manuals
say needle bearings in the all syncro units. (?)
3) the input shaft to main shaft is an other brass/bronze bearing. Manual
says needles again.

I have the phone # for Vinco and will try them in the morning. I think it
may be a homologation of both types (part syncro and all syncro).

So much work and so little time. 7 1/2 months to VTR in Portland.