igniton problem?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: igniton problem?
From: HMENTZEN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:31:17 EST
My 79 Spit has begun acting up over the last few days. The problem occurs when
I try to start the car. I will turn the key and get all the appropriate lights
come on
but all I get is a clicking sound. The first time it happened I rolled the car
and jump started it. I went home and cleaned and tightened all battery and
starter connections.  The problem doesn't happen every time. Today  it
happened again but  I
couldn't push start it. I wiggled wires and tapped on the starter after
several tries
it caught. The battery is a 2 year old Die Hard that I charged last night(just
in case).
Any and all theories and suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA
Hans Mentzen
79 Spit (a daily driver in New England)