Re: 76' TR6 Air Pump

To: chand@primenet.com
Subject: Re: 76' TR6 Air Pump
From: lgmtr6@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:33:31 -0400
Cc: waveterm@nwark.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On the '75-76 TR6 the air pump has a separate small belt turning the
pump. Not the same belt as the fan belt. If yours has only the one belt,
you should check the parts manual, and put  the correct belts on, then
you could simple disconnect the air pump belt and see if that makes any
difference before going to the effort of removing the pump. From my own
experience, I disabled the pump and blocked the balance of the system,
and it made no noticeable difference in the cars performance.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald