Paint Gun

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paint Gun
From: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:44:34 -0500
Cc: sales@cocoinc.com
Jack,
Do you or a real good friend have a garage?
If so heres what you do.....

Get yourself some old blankets, mine came from salvation army and goodwill
stores.  Sweep out the area you will paint in and hang the blankets from
the roof, make sure they overlap.  Hose everything down with water, then
paint.  The water will hold down any dust particles and will also attract
any over spray.

The result was amazing, the car looked great.

I wish I still had that garage.............  Then I'd paint MY spit.......

Good luck

With all this talk about HVLP this and that... What is the minimum that
someone  with a decent compressor (me 4 HP Crafstman)  would need to get
started. I want to paint my Spitfire, I was quoted $1700 without painting
the engine compartment. How about where to paint, how hard is it outside,
how long does it take to dry. I looked at Fred Thomas' suggestion
(http://www.horizonweb.com/wwwboard/Spray_101/wwwboard.html) it's very
informative. In a nutshell what would some of you recommend.

Jack

76 TR6
80 Spitfire
80 TR8