Survey says...

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Survey says...
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:09:17 -0400
Listers,
I need to tap into the group's collective body of knowledge.  As hard as
it is for me to say, I think (operative word is think)  I might be
offering my TR6 for sale next spring.  I would like to describe to the
list the car and if you would please let me know, based on your
individual knowledge, what you believe a reasonable (boy, that's a
subjective word) price would be.  Since this information is probably of
no interest to others, please respond to me directly.

76TR6
Inca Yellow, original paint, no spidering yet
50,000 miles
original owner
always garaged
never in accident
covered when parked at work
mild surface rust on frame
NO rust on body
NO pitting on chrome...looks new and is original
fuzzys have been replaced twice and look as new
original interior, looks new
Flawless wood dash, flawless crash pads (ie...no tacky crack above the
choke pull that is often a direct reflection of the behaviors of the
owner - IMHO)
New front end and rear end poly bushes
stiffer coil springs
new shocks
Minor lubricant leaks that were engineered into the car by BL
compression 175, never had engine problems
burns NO oil
rebuilt carbs
new seat cushions
original soft top
Only driven in summer on non-rainy days
Never been a daily driver....but not a garage queen either
AND NOW THE PROBLEMS:
Paint gone from under the battery...boiled over once b4 I got the
battery box
Paint gone below the brake MC...leaked b4 I could rebuild the MC
Minor claw marks on the seat backs (from the former neighbor's now
deceased cat)
Speedo bounces around and needs an overhaul
No OD
No Hardtop

Again, please respond off line.  Your opinions will be respected and I
promise to not editorialize

bye for now

Tom Long

64TR4