Wire wheel cleaners-

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wire wheel cleaners-
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:36:51 -0700
Has anybody used Eagle 1's cleaner specifically for wire and chrome wheels?
 I am a little hesitant to use it on my GT6 chrome spoke wheels, but I
tried it on the old truck chrome wheels and they came out GREAT!  Look as
good as the day I put them on.  I noticed however, that after they had
dried, there was a white residue on the inside of the wheels where I
couldn't dry or reach with the sponge. I was really impressed, but the
truck I don't really care about.  Those wheels don't cost upwards of a
grand to replace.  My main concern was the long term effects.  The
ingredients list several acids, albeit mild, and cautions to use with
gloves.   I was thinking of removing the wheels from the car, using the
cleaner, and then spraying with a baking soda/water solution to neutralize
the acids and wiping dry.  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Or should I go
back to the foamy engine cleaner and nylon brush pain in the a** route?
The old truck wheels really looked great after a cleaning with the stuff,
even took off the slight rust!

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire