Re: DEJA VU - MC Question

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: DEJA VU - MC Question
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:41:08 -0700
Cc: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
I would just add the following...

In using compressed air...  I just wrap a rag around the dangerous end, folded
over a couple times, with some slack... and hold it the rags tightly around
the sides...  and let it "shoot" into that... thereby stopping within a few
inches of the bore...     This may have been what you had in mind... but I
would hate to see people trying to aim their master cyclinder at a pile of
rags several feet away, etc...

BE EXTREMELY careful about this... it does come out as a projectile... but it
is easily stopped by rags... I've only managed to hurt myself doing this, over
the years, when I accidently allowed a finger or part of my hand wrap around
the dangerous end... hence...shooting myself...  fortunately... it's always
just been one of those wounds that the TV guys get...  it grazed me.... no
damage.

SECONDLY....  I have often found that it breaks free simply by giving the
cyclinder a good strike downward on a piece of wood.   ...while this very
often does the trick for loosening it... I usually still find I can't withdraw
it...     so... once again... a little air pressure seems to be the way to go.

--Justin