RE: Removing Ball Joints - TR6

To: "Frank & Carol Bandre" <bandrece@accessus.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Removing Ball Joints - TR6
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:44:20 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
Frank,
If you're talking about steering balljoints and the nut is above the link
its fitted to, rest the link, right up next to the balljoint, on something
really solid, (steel or bricks, with a thin piece of wood on top) and use a
hammer on the loosened nut. Since you're replacing them, it doesn't matter
if you damage the nut and thread. As long as the link is securely backed up
with something real solid you won't do any harm to it and the joint should
come off fairly easily.

regards,
Bob Hutton