TR 6 Speakers/Triumph Bug

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR 6 Speakers/Triumph Bug
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:43:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have 4 pioneer speakers in my 6, two up under the dash and two on the rear
shelf which are held in place with velcro strips and whic have in line plugs
so I can disconnect them and put them in the trunk.

I got the Triumph bug by accident.  Two friends bought a couple of
semi-wrecked MGAs in 1968 and we spent a month or so making one drivable car
out of the two.  Soon thereafter,  my mom told me tht a friend had a little
red car for sale which she though was a VW 8-(.  I went and loked anyhow.
It was a red '58 TR 3 with a sprung hood and cracked windshield.  It was
love at first sight.

The seller drove it to my house and took off the plates. He told me the
brakes were really good because he hdd to have the system rebuilt after
putting in American brake fluid.  Nothing but Castrol/Gurling since then.
Of course I soon discoverd that the floors were shot ( I fixed 'em) and the
front end needed rebuilding (had it done).  had every bulb and guage working
in that car .  I even replaced little fiber gears in the speedometer to get
it working.  It always started and ran, even when I had to use the crank.
Triiumphs were my daily drivers from 1968 top 1979.  The 3 was followed by a
GT 6+, then a 71 TR 6 which was wrecked in 78 and soon replaced by a '73 TR
6 that had never been on winter roads.  I still have that one 8-)

Ron