Re: Identifying a set of Main Bearings, TR 4A

To: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>, Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Identifying a set of Main Bearings, TR 4A
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:18:31 -0700
Thanks to all the replied....

I guess they are, indeed, Vandervell...   Which is nice to know.   It all
brought
back memories of why I have them in the first place!  Back in the late 70's, I
rebuilt my motor.  I seem to recall, my machine shop saw that I had bought
"stock"
bearings... and they recommended that I get the better Vandervell bearings... So
bought a set directly from a Vandervell distributor... and... of course...
these came
in a colored box, not the plain looking thing from the Triumph dealership.

So I sat on them all these years... I didn't even use them in another rebuild.
would sell 'em, but I suppose I should keep them for the next time I need to
rebuild.  (sorry guys!)

--Justin